1. Over 300 G.E.M. cars (Global Electric Motorized Vehicles), are in use in the Bay Harbor community making it the largest per capita user in the world.
- G.E.M. vehicles are one of the smartest solutions to traffic congestion and air quality problems yet to be introduced. The solution: zero-emissions personal transportation that is well integrated with traditional alternative transportation choices such as mass transit and carpooling.
2. Bay Harbor participates in the Emmet County Residential Recycling program, and has implemented a company wide recycling program that includes, but is not limited to paper recycling, plastic recycling, beverage bottle/can recycling and toner cartridge recycling. Free Curbside Recycling is available to all Bay Harbor residents. To learn more about the Emmet County Recycling Program, click here.
3. Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center has implemented a program promoting hotel guest reuse of towels and linens to reduce water consumption.
4. Bay Harbor utilizes energy efficient fluorescent light bulbs throughout the property.
5. Energy saving light switches operated by a computer controlled system utilized throughout Bay Harbor facilities.
6. Horse manure at Bay Harbor Equestrian Club is 100% composted.
7. Bay Harbor Lake Marina and Yacht Docks participate in the Clean Marina Program and have been designated a Clean Marina for over 2 years. The program includes the following requirements for employees and boaters.
It is the policy of this marina to protect the health of our boaters, staff, and the environment by preventing the discharge of pollutants to the water, land and air.
• It is illegal to discharge raw and or treated sewage from a watercraft within the waters of the State of Michigan. Please ask a dock attendant or staff about pump-out availability.
• It is illegal to dispose of fish waste in the water of the State of Michigan. Please put any fish remains in a plastic bag and dispose of them in the appropriate trash containers located around the facility.
• The dumping of pet waste into the water is illegal. Please use the proper dog walk areas and the waste bags provided by Bay Harbor Co.
• No repairs or maintenance shall be done in the marina, other than normal cleaning or emergency repair work. The use of power washers, sanding equipment, spray painting, or fiberglass repair is strictly forbidden.
• Keep fuel out of the water. Do not top off tank. Please wipe off spills immediately with absorbent pads.
• Avoid detergents that contain ammonia, sodium hypochlorite, chlorinated solvents (bleach), petroleum distillates, and lye. Please use biodegradable cleaning agents when cleaning boats.
• The following items may not be placed in the trash or Dumpster area.
3. Paint or Varnish
6. Lead batteries
7. Transmission fluid
8. Distress flares
9. Loose polystyrene peanuts
10. Hazardous waste
8. Walking paths, biking trails and nature trails are available to property owners and guests.
9. Bay Harbor Yacht Club hosts programs to promote sailing amongst up and coming boaters in the community. Sailboats can be utilized for transportation with little to no fuel.
10. Bay Harbor Village Hotel uses eco-friendly cleaning products.
Click here for information about the recycling guidelines for Emmet County.